Which IP Cameras are supported with PDQ Smart App?
NEST: Following camera model is supported:
- Nest Cam
D-Link: Following camera models are supported:
Foscam: Following camera models are supported:
How to set up IP camera?
Refer user manual for specific camera type
What camera settings are required to view video using PDQ Smart App?
For Nest, it automatically gets setting information after you logged in
For D-Link camera, set following options under Network menu option: (refer camera user manual for more detail)
- UPnP - enabled
- UPnP port forwarding Enable
- External HTTP port - enter between 100 to 999
For Foscam camera, set following options:
- Basic Network Settings->HTTP Port - enter between 100 to 999
- UPnP Settings->Using UPnP to Map Port – Enabled
How to view streaming video from camera using PDQ Smart App?
- Launch PDQ Smart App
- Go to Slider Menu -> Setup Camera -> Camera Settings -> NEST Settings -> Login
- Provide your NEST account credentials -> ACCEPT T&C
- After successful login, turn Camera option ON shown on the screen
For Foscam & D-link
- Select Slider Menu -> Setup Camera -> Camera Settings
- Select camera model
- Enter external (WAN) IP address (Host)
- Enter port number
- Enter Username
- Enter Password
How to get External (WAN) IP address?
From PC or Phone, which is connected to same router to which IP camera is connected, open browser and type whatismyip.com
Note down your IP, as it is needed for SecuRemote application.
My camera was working earlier and now it is stopped and says “Could not connect…”
From PC or Phone, which is connected to same router to which IP camera is connected, open browser and type www.whatismyip.com
Note down your IP and Slider Menu -> Setup Camera -> Camera Settings. The value of Host should be same as you noted down from www.whatismyip.com